Moving pgadmin4.db to a new server

From: Jan Birk <jan(dot)g(dot)birk(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgAdmin Support <pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Moving pgadmin4.db to a new server
Date: 2019-10-18 16:25:16
Lists: pgadmin-support

Hi,

We are running pgadmin4 v 3.4 and are migration to a new server and a new version 4.12..

We have copied the old pgadmin4.db to the new server in order to keep the users settings and passwords. Settings is working but not the passwords. We get an

"Failed to decrypt the saved password. Error: 'utf-8' codec can't decode byte 0x92 in position 0: invalid start byte"

Maybe this is related to some salt in the passwords but I am not sure.

How should we correctly migrate from one server to another ?

Best and thanks for a very good application. It's just getting better and better.

/Jan

--
Undervisningsministeriet(Danish Ministry of Education)
Styrelsen for It og LæringKontor for It-drift