Re: Help with failures on HEAD

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: "Todd A(dot) Cook" <ToddA(dot)Cook(at)synopsys(dot)com>
Cc: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>, "buildfarm-members(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org" <buildfarm-members(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Help with failures on HEAD
Date: 2023-02-10 21:48:35
Lists: buildfarm-members

"Todd A. Cook" <ToddA(dot)Cook(at)synopsys(dot)com> writes:
> Thanks, I’ll keep that in mind if this ever happens again. However, removing those things didn’t fix the problem. I suspect there
> might be something wrong with the Perl setup on that animal, even though it hasn’t changed recently. Unfortunately, my Perl
> skills are non-existent, and I have no clue how to proceed.

Hmph. Wondering if something broke recently in the buildfarm code,
I tried rm -rf'ing the whole buildroot locally ... but run_branches.pl
got through fine.

A couple of ideas:

* Run through the setup process documented at

https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/PostgreSQL_Buildfarm_Howto

particularly "Check that required perl modules are present" ...
maybe something went missing?

* Diff your build-farm.conf against the current sample file
and make sure there are no unintentional discrepancies.