Authenticating using Windows XP login

From: Richard Sydney-Smith <richard(at)ibisau(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Authenticating using Windows XP login
Date: 2005-08-15 12:58:52
Lists: pgsql-general

Was looking to see if I could get pgAdmin to log into postgresql 8.0.3
on Windows XP using the current windows login information. Tried using
the ident functionality on pg_hba.conf to no avail.

Can someone post a link to a how to on this subject please?

Also can anyone tell me if there is an active project to produce a
"monitor" project that can sit in the task bar to tell us how many
users, cashe hits , start stop / reload etc.