SQL Server 2000 to PostgreSQL 8.0.3

From: "josh(at)segrestfarms(dot)com" <josh(at)segrestfarms(dot)com>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: SQL Server 2000 to PostgreSQL 8.0.3
Date: 2005-08-09 12:36:57
Lists: pgsql-admin

Greetings.

I am having difficulty moving a SQL Server 2000 database over to
PostgreSQL 8.0.3.

In SQL Server, I am performing a backup of the database I want to move.
I save that backup on my Desktop.

I am then opening up PGAdminIII and attempting to perform a Restore of
the database saved on my Desktop. The first step I take is to create a
new database, MyDB. Next, I highlight my new database and then select
Restore from the Tools menu. The Restore Database window pops up and I
Browse to the database backup I've saved on my Desktop. After selecting
the backup, the 'OK' button stays grayed and I am unable to proceed.

Any ideas as to how I can work around this? Thanks in advance.

Josh in Tampa