Trigger Variables

From: Oluwatope Akinniyi <tope(dot)akinniyi(at)shepherdhill(dot)biz>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Trigger Variables
Date: 2005-08-04 11:03:03
Lists: pgsql-general

I must commend the efforts of the developers and users of PostgreSQL for
new innovations and development. Thank you for giving us such a
wonderful DB.

I really was impressed with the set of Trigger variables that make
internal workings of trigger accessible to users. Of note is an easier
way of performing audits.

If I may ask, would it not be possible to add another advancement to the
world's open source most advanced database. I wish we could make
auditing semi-automatic. I was thinking of adding a parameter to CREATE
TABLE command to specify if an audit process would be added to the new
table on creation or not; just like the serial parameter would handle
the processes of sequence setup.

Thank you all.

Tope Akinniyi
ShepherdHill Software