Re: some improve JDBC

From: Oliver Jowett <oliver(at)opencloud(dot)com>
To: Víctor Pérez Juárez <victor(dot)perez(at)e-evolution(dot)com(dot)mx>
Cc: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: some improve JDBC
Date: 2005-08-04 00:17:09
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

Víctor Pérez Juárez wrote:
> Of cosure!
>
> my changes are commnet with e-evolution

[...]

In the future, please supply a proper diff ('cvs diff -c' will do the
trick if you are working from CVS). It's very hard to see the changes
you've made otherwise.

It appears to boil down to "return 0 instead of -1 for column display
size when we don't know the actual length"?

Why is 0 better than -1 in this case? I don't see anything in the JDBC
spec that covers this..

-O