Re: unicode error on win32 Was: Re: pgmonitor

From: Josef Springer <Josef(dot)Springer(at)JOOPS(dot)COM>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: unicode error on win32 Was: Re: pgmonitor
Date: 2005-08-02 12:18:18
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi Magnus,

the docmentation does not realy help me !

Client: Win2k, german language settings, SET client_encoding TO 'UNICODE'
Server: Win2k, german language settings, database with UNICODE encoding

I use PostgreSQL via ODBC and want to write and read strings containing
vovels.

I have read in the mailing lists, using UNICODE for the database works
??!??.
I have tried all other/many encoding combinations for server and client
allready, but nothing works !

--

mit freundlichen Grüssen,
Josef Springer

<cid:part1(dot)03020203(dot)00070402(at)netscape(dot)com> -- the software company --

Orlando-di-Lasso Str. 2
D-85640 Putzbrunn

Tel. ++49(0)89 600 6920
Fax ++49(0)89 600 69220
mailto Josef(dot)Springer(at)joops(dot)com <mailto:Josef(dot)Springer(at)joops(dot)com>
Website http://www.joops.com