Re: setting up

From: Ropel <ropel(at)ropel(dot)it>
To: eoghan <postgres(at)redry(dot)net>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: setting up
Date: 2005-07-23 17:54:27
Lists: pgsql-general

I don't know, OS x; on linux the local directory is
/usr/local/pgsql/data for 8.0 version, and used to be
/var/lib/pgsql/data on older versions for linux redhat.

You should have the default superuser account *postgres *and the
database *template1 *(don't change it, just login and create you own one)
I.E: *psql template1 postgres* and, once logged, *create database
myowndb;
*Then you can use psql myowndb postgres tp log on and start your
adventure...

Hope this helps. bye

Roberto