Re: Postgresql performance on Opteron 8 CPU

From: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
To: Ericson Smith <eric(at)did-it(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Postgresql performance on Opteron 8 CPU
Date: 2005-07-08 22:30:34
Lists: pgsql-general

> Does anyone have suggestions that could improve performance?

If you have doubled your ram you could definately increase your
effective_cache.

As you also doubled your memory you could increase your work_mem but be
careful with this setting.

Also just to be certain are you running 32bit or 64bit PostgreSQL?

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake

--
Your PostgreSQL solutions provider, Command Prompt, Inc.
24x7 support - 1.800.492.2240, programming, and consulting