Re: getting back autonumber just inserted

From: mail TechEvolution <mail(at)techevolution(dot)be>
To: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)alvh(dot)no-ip(dot)org>, pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: getting back autonumber just inserted
Date: 2005-07-07 18:21:12
Lists: pgsql-sql

hi Alvaro Herrera

>> You use the currval() function, using the name of the involved sequence
>> as parameter. There is a pg_get_serial_sequence() function, to which
>> you give the table name and column name

thx for the information

and is there a function i can use to get the last added autonumber without knowing wich table or row? (exactly as select @@ IDENTITY does?) i have read in the messages that there must be such a function for version 8.0, but i could not find it in the documentation, any idea on it?

greetZ

wes