Re: Heavy virtual memory usage on production system

From: Alexander Stanier <alexander(dot)stanier(at)egsgroup(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Heavy virtual memory usage on production system
Date: 2005-07-06 14:49:40
Lists: pgsql-performance

Looks as though there are several processes which are acquiring a load
of locks:

pid | count
------+-------
3193 | 2
3192 | 9
3191 | 7
3190 | 3
3189 | 2
3188 | 3
3187 | 3
3186 | 3
3185 | 3
3184 | 3
3183 | 3
3182 | 13
3181 | 3
3179 | 10
3175 | 13
3174 | 2
3173 | 10
2917 | 3
3153 | 8
3150 | 8
3149 | 8
3146 | 9
3145 | 8
3144 | 8
3143 | 9
3142 | 3
3141 | 10
3127 | 8
3125 | 13
3124 | 13
3121 | 8
3118 | 8
3114 | 8
3113 | 8
3110 | 8
3106 | 8
3104 | 9
3102 | 8
3100 | 13
2314 | 2
(40 rows)

I guess it might be worth us getting this server up to PostgreSQL 8.0.3.
At least we can then discount that as a problem.

Regards, Alex Stanier.