[Pgbuildfarm-members] new release - VPATH support completed and MAILTO support fixed

From: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>
To: pgbuildfarm-members(at)pgfoundry(dot)org
Subject: [Pgbuildfarm-members] new release - VPATH support completed and MAILTO support fixed
Date: 2005-07-04 21:13:10
Lists: buildfarm-members

I know it's only a week since the last buildfarm client release. I
apologise - don't mean to overburden you. This will probably be the last
for a while, unless we find any nasty bugs.

you can get it from
http://pgfoundry.org/frs/download.php/386/build-farm-2_08.tgz

The features are.
. VPATH build support is now complete. Previously this worked but did
builds too often. Now, we ignore files listed in .cvsignore files, so
that problem should disappear.
. The script will now print a 1-line message on failure at any stage,
even without --verbose turned on. This makes it easier to use with the
crontab MAILTO feature. Note that the client does not keep a history of
its builds, so we can't detect or report on changes in state, unlike the
server and its state change triggered emails.

Neil Conway, major postgres hacker, has requested that some members do
VPATH build so we make sure that nothing gets broken for them. If a few
of you feel like switching a member or two to use VPATH that would be great.

enjoy

andrew