[Pljava-dev] Re: A libpljava question you were not expecting

From: thhal at mailblocks(dot)com (Thomas Hallgren)
Subject: [Pljava-dev] Re: A libpljava question you were not expecting
Date: 2005-06-28 15:54:40
Lists: pljava-dev

Bart Bremmers wrote:
> Sorry I was not more explicit
> My question is can you change libpljava.dll to 8.3, i.e. pljava.dll as
> the porter of the OS/2 version has done.

That would be a change that's local to the OS/2 port in that case. The
PostgreSQL dynamic loader expects a module file to be named lib<module
name>.dll on Windows and lib<module name>.so on *nix platforms.

The best thing is if the person who did the OS/2 port could submit a
patch to me so that I can review and incorporate the changes.

> I improperly used the term "driver" when I should have said DLL's. Sorry
> for the confusion.

No problem.

- thomas