Re: Postgresql on an AMD64 machine

From: Bjoern Metzdorf <bm(at)turtle-entertainment(dot)de>
To: Tom Arthurs <tarthurs(at)jobflash(dot)com>
Cc: Neil Conway <neilc(at)samurai(dot)com>, Donald Courtney <Donald(dot)Courtney(at)Sun(dot)COM>, pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Postgresql on an AMD64 machine
Date: 2005-06-08 16:53:57
Lists: pgsql-performance

Hi,

> I just puhsd 8.0.3 to production on Sunday, and haven't had a time to
> really monitor it under load, so I can't tell if it's helped the context
> switch problem yet or not.

Attached is a "vmstat 5" output from one of our machines. This is a dual
Xeon 3,2 Ghz with EM64T and 8 GB RAM, running postgresql 8.0.3 on Debian
Sarge 64bit. Connection count is about 350.

Largest amount of cs per second is nearly 10000 which is high, yes, but
not too high.

Regards,
Bjoern

Attachment Content-Type Size