Backup Compatibility between minor versions.

From: Howard Cole <howardnews(at)selestial(dot)com>
To: 'PgSql General' <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Backup Compatibility between minor versions.
Date: 2005-06-08 10:09:59
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi,

Should it be possible to create a compressed backup of a version 8.0.1
database running on linux and restore that backup on version 8.0.3
running on XP? I ask this because it does not seem to work for me. Many
problems seem to arise to do with tsearch2 extensions to tables, even
though tsearch2 is installed on the XP machine.

The backup was created using pgAdminIII.

Howard.
www.selestial.com