Re: inclusions WAS: Increased company involvement

From: Christopher Kings-Lynne <chriskl(at)familyhealth(dot)com(dot)au>
To: "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: Christopher Browne <cbbrowne(at)acm(dot)org>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: inclusions WAS: Increased company involvement
Date: 2005-05-04 14:45:17
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> Yup, and *everyone* with commit accesss has access to *everything* ... I
> could intruduce a 1 bit change to one of the kernel sources and there is
> a chance that nobody would ever notice it ... and this includes (or, at
> least, the last time I did any work) port committers ...

Using cvsacls could deal with that particular problem. Take the PHP
project's 1500 committers, and how they can only modify particular files.

Of course, having 1500 committers has made PHP a steaming pile of junk,
so don't think I support that :)

Being a committer is like that famous saying, "I would never join any
club that would have me as a member" :D

Chris