Re: Schema name of function

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Michael Fuhr <mike(at)fuhr(dot)org>
Cc: John Hansen <john(at)geeknet(dot)com(dot)au>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Schema name of function
Date: 2005-02-14 19:30:37
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Michael Fuhr <mike(at)fuhr(dot)org> writes:
> On Mon, Feb 14, 2005 at 11:11:53AM -0500, Tom Lane wrote:
>> In C, it'd be a lot easier (and faster) to do a couple of SearchSysCache
>> calls than to use SPI to get those rows.

> The following appears to work -- does it look right, aside from the
> missing error checking?

> tuple = SearchSysCache(PROCOID,
> ObjectIdGetDatum(fcinfo->flinfo->fn_oid),
> 0, 0, 0);
> nsoid = SysCacheGetAttr(PROCOID, tuple,
> Anum_pg_proc_pronamespace, &isnull);
> schemaname = get_namespace_name(nsoid);
> ReleaseSysCache(tuple);

That would work. Since pronamespace is one of the fixed non-nullable
columns of pg_proc, you don't really need to use SysCacheGetAttr: you
can just map the C struct onto the tuple and grab the field directly.

nsoid = ((Form_pg_proc) GETSTRUCT(tuple))->pronamespace;

utils/cache/lsyscache.c contains lots of examples of this sort of thing.
(get_namespace_name is one, in fact.)