Re: Data Mart with PostgreSQL (Please!)

From: Richard Huxton <dev(at)archonet(dot)com>
To: Renato Cramer <renato(at)domsis(dot)com(dot)br>
Cc: "'pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org'" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Data Mart with PostgreSQL (Please!)
Date: 2005-04-11 17:01:41
Lists: pgsql-general

Renato Cramer wrote:
>>My objective is design and build a Data Mart what enable OLAP queries
>>using Open Source tools.
>>
>>I will want know if the solution below is possible and correct or exist a
>>better solution:
>>
>>1 - The data will be generate to PostgreSQL from a commercial Database by
>>a ETL process.
>>2 - The Mondrian will be used as the OLAP server.
>>3 - The JPivot will be used for OLAP navigations and queries.
>>
>>I need know opinions about this approach. I'm don't very experienced in
>>this issue.

Assuming this is all java-based, then you should be able to run it on
top of PostgreSQL.
For real information though, you might be better off checking the
Mondrian/JPivot lists. You will probably get more useful answers if you
give specific examples of what you want to accomplish and what hardware
etc. is available.

--
Richard Huxton
Archonet Ltd