PREPARE statements

From: Andrei Reinus <andrei(dot)reinus(at)uptime(dot)ee>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: PREPARE statements
Date: 2005-04-05 05:33:39
Lists: pgsql-novice

Hi,

I have few questions about PREPARE statements.
As starting a new project, I always try to find ways to 'do-it-right' and application is
all OLTP style system.

I have lots of queries like "SELECT name FROM client WHERE id = 1". Plain and simple PK index search.
To save parsing/rewriting/planning overhead I should use PREPARE statements, right?

Manual states that prepare statements are only stored in database session,
is there are way to be sure that statement exists or make it last over all sessions?

I cant PREPARE statments over and over again with every page request, right?

-- Andrei Reinus

Attachment Content-Type Size
andrei.reinus.vcf text/x-vcard 290 bytes