[Pljava-dev] java.lang.SecurityException

From: thhal at mailblocks(dot)com (Thomas Hallgren)
Subject: [Pljava-dev] java.lang.SecurityException
Date: 2005-03-29 16:12:08
Lists: pljava-dev

Joves Luo wrote:

>I had to change my e-mail. My work e-mail wasn't receiveing the
>messages (reason why I had to start a new thread everytime).
>
>Thanks Filip for your help. I've gotten one step closer to finishing
>this up. But now when I start postgresql and run the function I get
>this:

>LOG: #
>LOG: # The exception above was detected in native code outside the VM
>LOG: #
>LOG: # Java VM: Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (1.4.2_06-b03 mixed mode)
>LOG: #
>LOG: # An error report file has been saved as hs_err_pid2317.log.
>LOG: # Please refer to the file for further information.
>LOG: #

The file "hs_err_pid2317.log" will be present somewhere under your
<PostgreSQL data>/base/<some number> directory. Can you please attach
that file and email it to me?

>I look at my log and I see this:
>
>***Exception:
>java.sql.SQLException: Cannot derive a value of class java.lang.String
>from an object of class java.lang.Boolean
>java.sql.SQLException: Cannot derive a value of class java.lang.String
>from an object of class java.lang.Boolean
> at org.postgresql.pljava.jdbc.ObjectResultSet.getValue(ObjectResultSet.java:417)
> at org.postgresql.pljava.jdbc.ObjectResultSet.getString(ObjectResultSet.java:205)
> at PGtoXML.OWDBtoXML.makeDBXML(OWDBtoXML.java:62)
> at PGtoXML.OWDBtoXML.makeDBXML(OWDBtoXML.java:34)
> at PGtoXML.PGtoXML.getXmlString(PGtoXML.java:8)
>
>Does the pljava JDBC work diffrently than the postgresql JDBC I was
>using originally?

Yes, that's possible although all things that are standardized should
work the same way. The conversion from boolean to string is standardized
so you have encountered a bug in PL/Java.

Regards,
Thomas Hallgren