[Pljava-dev] Failed to create Java VM

From: thhal at mailblocks(dot)com (Thomas Hallgren)
Subject: [Pljava-dev] Failed to create Java VM
Date: 2005-03-14 19:19:57
Lists: pljava-dev

Bruno Domenici Ferreira wrote:

> hhumm....yeah!
>
> I did recompile the PostgreSQL --without-zlib now, but not work yet.
>
> Other junch!?

I googled for this and found a couple of mail-threads. One that
suggested that the problem was related to a mismatch between your jvm
and your OS. Perhaps your glibc is too old? Another thread claimed that
the <JRE_HOME>/i386/lib/client must be the first entry in your
LD_LIBRARY_PATH.

What platform and what version are you running on? Are other Java apps
running OK on this platform? Any chance of upgrading your jvm to a
1.4.2_07 or perhaps to a 1.5.0_01? Can you try upgrading your GLIBC?

I know Nageshwar Rao had problems with HPI in November last year. Don't
know how, or even if, he solved it though.

Regards,
Thomas Hallgren