Re: lower and unicode

From: Miroslav Šulc <miroslav(dot)sulc(at)startnet(dot)cz>
To: pginfo <pginfo(at)t1(dot)unisoftbg(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: lower and unicode
Date: 2005-03-14 08:15:14
Lists: pgsql-sql

Are you using PostgreSQL on Windows? If so, you should read the FAQ here
http://pginstaller.projects.postgresql.org/FAQ_windows.html#2.6.

On Windows, UNICODE (UTF8) is not supported because Windows natively
supports only UTF16 (I'm just repeating something I have read somewhere).

Miroslav

pginfo wrote:

> Hi ,
>
> I tested the lower with unicode on 8.0.1 and find it not to work.
> If I have only latin symbols it is working well, but if I try to use
> also cyrillic the lower simpli ignore this symbols and all stay as is.
> I readet that this will work on 8.x .
> Exists some one using lower/upper + unicode and where can I find info
> about unicode status with pg?
>
> regards,
> ivan.

Attachment Content-Type Size
miroslav.sulc.vcf text/x-vcard 387 bytes