Re: Multiples schemas

From: Markus Schaber <schabi(at)logix-tt(dot)com>
To: lucas(at)presserv(dot)org
Cc: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Multiples schemas
Date: 2005-03-03 12:17:25
Lists: pgsql-sql

Hi, Lucas,

lucas(at)presserv(dot)org schrieb:

> Is there a way to construct a multi schema in my data base?
> Something like:
> mysystem.finances.money.tables
> mysystem.finances.money.functions
> mysystem.finances.credits.tables
> mysystem.finances.credits.functions
> mysystem.amount.products......

AFAIK, there is no way to have hierarchical schemas, but if you only
need it for humans, you can name your schemas like finances_money_tables
and finances_money_functions.

> Or can I use another database like:
> createdb DB1
> createdb DB2
> psql DB1
> select * from DB2.schema.table

In contrib/, there's a dblink module that lets you select data from
other databases, but I'm afraid it is rather limited in usage and
performance.

Markus
--
Markus Schaber | Dipl. Informatiker | Software Development GIS

Fight against software patents in EU! http://ffii.org/
http://nosoftwarepatents.org/