[Pljava-dev] postgresql jdbc driver

From: gen_mgr at cbm(dot)on(dot)ca (Bart Bremmers)
Subject: [Pljava-dev] postgresql jdbc driver
Date: 2005-02-24 18:45:30
Lists: pljava-dev

Hi Thomas
I asked the person working on Compiere with PLJava the following:

The PLJava web site says it comes with:
"An embedded, high performance, JDBC driver utilizing the internal
PostgreSQL SPI routines."
So why do you also need the jdbc3-810 driver?

His answer:

Yes, I know PLJAVA has a JDBC Native, the main problem is
Compiere 252 has the following requirements:

# Full support of ANSI SQL 99 (CASE, all JOIN types, ..)
# Support of Views and Views on Views
# Support of User Defined Functions
(preferably via SQLJ - Java running in the database)
# Inline Views (e.g. SELECT ... FROM (SELECT xx FROM yy) ..)
# JDBC 3.0 Support (especially RowSet)

http://www.compiere.org/technology/database/index.html

Can you comment Thomas?

BTW, I noticed that the reply-to defaults to the senders email, not
pljava-dev at gborg.postgresql.org. So if you are not careful, not all
messages will be seen by everyone on the list.

Bart Bremmers, Gen. Mgr.
Craft-Bilt Materials Ltd.
Markham, Ontario