Re: Help me recovering data

From: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
To: Stephan Szabo <sszabo(at)megazone(dot)bigpanda(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql(at)mohawksoft(dot)com, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Christopher Kings-Lynne <chriskl(at)familyhealth(dot)com(dot)au>, Kouber Saparev <postgresql(at)saparev(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Help me recovering data
Date: 2005-02-16 16:41:13
Lists: pgsql-hackers

>Do you have a useful suggestion about how to fix it? "Stop working" is
>handwaving and merely basically saying, "one of you people should do
>something about this" is not a solution to the problem, it's not even an
>approach towards a solution to the problem.

I believe that the ability for PostgreSQL to stop accepting
queries and to log to the file or STDERR why it stopped working
and how to resolve it is appropriate.

Also it is probably appropriate to warn ahead of time...

WARNING: Only 50,000 transactions left before lock out

or something like that.

>TIP 1: subscribe and unsubscribe commands go to majordomo(at)postgresql(dot)org

Attachment Content-Type Size
jd.vcf text/x-vcard 285 bytes