PostgreSQL Database Developer - Cape Town, South Africa

From: Nasier Jaffer <nasier(dot)jaffer(at)rocketseed(dot)com>
To: pgsql-jobs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: PostgreSQL Database Developer - Cape Town, South Africa
Date: 2020-10-08 09:50:21
Lists: pgsql-jobs

Are you a PostgreSQL Database developer who is looking to work in an
application development team where your opportunities for growth and
experience will range from the web development to operating system
configuration to system deployment?

Are you looking for a fantastic opportunity at a company that takes
extra special care of their team?

If you are, we are looking for you! We need an enthusiastic person to
join our Cape Town based development team. We make world class digital
marketing products and we need someone to fulfill a pivotal role
focusing on developing and maintaining our suite of products.

*Skills Required:*

3+ years working as a database developer working with PostgreSQL:

*

Expert Level SQL, PL/pgSQL, including stored procedures, functions,
triggers, and views.

*

Knowledge of JSON and PostgreSQL support for JSON.

*

Ability to efficiently write database code without compromising data
quality, privacy or security.

*

Knowledge of database design principles, query optimization, index
management, integrity checks, statistics and isolation levels

*

Able to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment

*

Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills

*

Ability to evaluate alternative solutions and/or workarounds

*Additional Advantageous Skills *

*

Experience with NoSQL databases (e.g. Redis ) and NoSQL support in
PostgreSQL

*

Experience with message queuing, full text indexing, and other other
high performance data concepts.

*

Demonstrable experience working with huge, interdependent, complex
datasets and data structures

*

Experience with Citus-data for horizontal scaling using sharding and
replication.

*

Comfortable on the Linux command line.

*

Experience with PHP programming.

*

Experience with Linux shell scripting

*

Experience with Docker implementations

*Responsibilities: *

*

Implement and maintain database code in the form of stored
procedures, scripts, queries, views, triggers, etc.

*

Work closely with the chief developer to implement effective and
maintainable database coding practices that form an architectural
foundation.

*

Ensure efficiency of database code, integrity of data structures and
quality of data content.

*

Work with product managers to ensure database code meets requirements.

*

Ensure database code is accurately documented.

*Personality Traits *

*

Self-starter

*

Exceptional problem-solving and debugging skills

*

Fast learner

*

Team player