Re: Can't connect (2 dbs) or login (2 others)

From: "Morris Goldstein" <morris(dot)x(dot)goldstein(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "Tom Lane" <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Can't connect (2 dbs) or login (2 others)
Date: 2007-09-22 19:48:47
Lists: pgsql-general

Sorry to reply to myself but here's a bit more info. That strace shows
a crash. The node that was denying logins is now complaining about
checkpoint file 000...000. It appears to be the case that a few
attempts to start converts a db that rejects logins to one that
crashes on startup. (When I first started examining the damage, I was
able to start all four dbs but not login.)

Morris