Re: Complete instruction in a trigger

From: Wilton <wilton(dot)wonrath(at)microwork(dot)inf(dot)br>
To: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Complete instruction in a trigger
Date: 2005-01-27 14:02:31
Lists: pgsql-sql

Sorry if i´m sendind this question to the wrong place... it´s because
i´m new here and i didn´t found the place in the web to send my question
over the same that i already did.

But let´s see if you can help me. The situation is like this.

I have a table "customers", then a user go there and change the customer
record, for example he changes the zip code column. Then I can know that
something changed into the "customer table", and send a full update of
that record through the web to the database that i want, but i need to
know what column had changed to send a update just for that column. But
i do not know in which column his has made that change. So, i need to
know the instruction to do this. Something like a specific update for
that column modified by the user.

Thanks very much.

Wilton Ruffato Wonrath

Attachment Content-Type Size