Creating a clean database

From: Keith Worthington <KeithW(at)NarrowPathInc(dot)com>
To: PostgreSQL Novice <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Creating a clean database
Date: 2005-01-04 02:13:56
Lists: pgsql-novice

Hi All,

I have finished a testing phase and I would like to create a production
database. My thought is to use pg_dump to create a backup of the data
dictionary, create a new database using pgadminIII or psql and then use
something (pg_restore or psql or ?) to rebuild all of the database
objects. I am hoping that a technique is available that will allow me
to get all new oids and reset all sequences. Suggestions will be
appreciated.

--
Kind Regards,
Keith