Re: postgresql and javascript

From: Geoffrey <esoteric(at)3times25(dot)net>
To: Chris Travers <chris(at)travelamericas(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: postgresql and javascript
Date: 2004-12-12 01:50:44
Lists: pgsql-general

Chris Travers wrote:
> Geoffrey wrote:
>
>> Chris Smith wrote:

>>> You can't connect javascript to any sort of database.
>>

>> Actually you can, with server side javascript, although I don't know
>> if it supports postgresql. It does support odbc.
>>
> Javascript is simply designed for lightweight scripting against a
> pre-existing object set provided by the host program.

I wouldn't recommend it, but we did have a full database implementation
strictly using server side javascript. It was a time reporting system
and it worked okay. The server side stuff seemed to be quite a load on
the server though. We are using to connect to an existing Oracle
database. Nothing else, html and server side javascript.

--
Until later, Geoffrey