Is there a way to view a rewritten query?

From: Jonathan Knopp <pgsql(at)delegated(dot)net>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Is there a way to view a rewritten query?
Date: 2004-12-03 05:32:35
Lists: pgsql-general

I'm trying to set up some complex rules and having a hard time figuring
out why they won't work. Being able to see the query after all the rules
have been applied would be a huge help, but I can't seem to find a way
to do this. log_statement only shows the original. debug_print_rewritten
works, but displays it in such a way as to be virtually unusable.
someone please tell me there's a simple way of doing this cause i'm
ready to take a hammer to my computer.

thanks