Error when installing PostgreSQL 16.3.2 under system context NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM

From: <Harald(dot)Munsch(at)it(dot)nrw(dot)de>
To: <pgsql-bugs(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: <Claudia(dot)Siepmann(at)it(dot)nrw(dot)de>
Subject: Error when installing PostgreSQL 16.3.2 under system context NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM
Date: 2024-07-05 11:21:11
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Hello,

when installing PostgreSQL version 16.3.2 on a windows 10 client with the setup: „postgresql-16.3-2-windows-x64.exe“ via SCCM, i.e. in SYSTEM-context, the installation failes with following error-message:

(The error occures directly after starting the installation.)

„There has been an error. Unable to write inside TEMP environment path“

Even though the system-account has full permissions to this path.

An Installation with an Administrative account (not NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM ) on the same client runs succesfully.

We want to deploy the software with SCCM, therefore, we need to use the SYSTEM-account.

Can you please provide us with a setup that works in SYSTEM-context ?

Thank you for your support.

Kind regards

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Harald Munsch

--

Information und Technik

Nordrhein-Westfalen (IT.NRW)

mailto:harald(dot)munsch(at)it(dot)nrw(dot)de