Re: SELECT FOR UPDATE could see commited trasaction partially.

From: Kiriakos Georgiou <kg(dot)postgresql(at)olympiakos(dot)com>
To: Sam Wong <sam(at)hellosam(dot)net>
Cc: <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: SELECT FOR UPDATE could see commited trasaction partially.
Date: 2012-03-05 09:21:12
Lists: pgsql-general

This is correct behavior with MVCC. Do a 'select * from x' in thread 2 and to understand why. The select for update in thread 2 sees the data in table x as it was prior to thread 1 committing, thus it won't see the row with a=2.

For further suggestions you'll have to explain what you are logically trying to accomplish.

Kiriakos