Execute function without execute privilege

From: "Walker, Jed S" <Jed_Walker(at)cable(dot)comcast(dot)com>
To: "'pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org'" <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Execute function without execute privilege
Date: 2005-05-05 19:53:20
Lists: pgsql-novice

I discovered today that when I create a function in a schema that another
user has "grant usage" on, they are able to execute the function even though
I've not granted them "execute" on the function.

Is this normal behavior (from the manual I don't believe it is)?

If so, is the best solution to put all of our functions into separate
schemas and grant usage on those based on what groups of functions someone
needs?

Thanks!

Jed S. Walker