lo_import

From: Patrick Nelson <pnelson(at)neatech(dot)com>
To: "PostgreSQL List (E-mail)" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: lo_import
Date: 2002-08-11 01:13:26
Lists: pgsql-general

From a remote client what is the process of adding a blob (sa a image.jpg)
to the table. I'm not sure how to use the \lo_import and/or the lo_import
function in an insert call.

My table has a column of type OID. But I'm not sure if this is the proper
way either. What I'm interested in is how someone does these things:

1. Proper table column config
2. proper way of inserting into the table
3. proper way of exporting from the table
4. proper way of deleting

Please set me straight!