[Pljava-dev] Error installing examples.jar

From: thomas(dot)hallgren at frameworx(dot)com (Thomas Hallgren)
Subject: [Pljava-dev] Error installing examples.jar
Date: 2004-09-11 21:53:52
Lists: pljava-dev

Hi Rodrigo,

> Hi Thomas,
>
> I'm installing pl/java in cygwin and when i try "select
> sqlj.install_jar( '/usr/local/pgsql/data/examples.jar', 'samples',
> true ), the postmaster restart
> with message : "Error occurred during initialization of VM
> java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError : _getConfigOption".
> All others steps before this are OK.

My guess is that you use the binary cygwin distribution of PL/Java. That
binary is linked using PostgreSQL 7.4 and your installed PostgreSQL is
older probably an older version. If my assumption is correct, and if
it's in no way possible for you to upgrade your PostgreSQL to a 7.4 then
let me know. It shouldn't be too difficult to provide a patch if that's
the case.

Regards,

Thomas Hallgren