Release of 8.0.0

From: Dennis Gearon <gearond(at)fireserve(dot)net>
To: pgsql-general-owner(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Release of 8.0.0
Date: 2004-09-08 01:09:22
Lists: pgsql-general

WOW, that is the most comprehensive, 'nearing to commercial capability' update of Postgres (and any OTHER OSS project) that I've seen in all my readings about and dealings with Postgres. I would be VERY surprised if Postgres doesn't win some major awards (and accounts) now that this has happened.

If there were some way I could send all of the dev group to some remote, computer free island to relax, I would.

FANTASTIC job you guys.