Re: install Postgres on RHED 7

From: Pepe TD Vo <pepevo(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: Erkan Durmuş <derkan(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Pgsql-admin <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: install Postgres on RHED 7
Date: 2018-12-18 15:20:32
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hello,
Run these commands:
Install:sudo yum install pgdg-redhat11-11-2.noarch.rpmrpm -Uvh pgdg-redhat11-11-2.noarch.rpmpreparing ###############[100%}successul
but when I do "yum list posgres*  I ge an error that loaded plugins:langpacks, product-id, search-disabled-repos, subscription-managerThis system is not register with an entitlement server[Erno 14] curl#6- "Could not resolve host: downlaod.posgresql.org; Unknown error"
Trying other mirror.One of the configured repositories failed (PostgreSQL 11 7Server -x86_64), and yum doesn't have enough cached data to continue. At this point the on safe thing yum can do is failed.   There are a few ways to work "fix" this:1. contact the upstream for the repository and get them to fix the problem.2. Reconfigure the baseirl/etc.for the repository, to point to a working upstream. This is mot often useful if you are using a new distribution release than is supported by the repository (and the packages for the previous distribution release still work).3. run the command with the repository temporarily disabledyum --disablerepo=pgdb11..4.Disable the repositiroy permanently so yum won't use it by default. Yum will then just ignore the repository until you permanently enable it again or use --enablerepo for temporary usage: 5. Configure the failing repository to be skipped, if it's unavailable.
etc...
I use the source one# gunzip postgresql-11.1.tar.gz# tar -xvf postgresql-11-1.tar# cd postgresql11.1#./configure   ----> it's checking build system, host system and etc... all the packages #mkdir build_dir#cd build_dir# makenow I get an error  Make: *** No targets specified and no makefile found.   Stop.
which target I should put?
thank you.

 Bach-Nga

No one in this world is pure and perfect.  If you avoid people for their mistakes you will be alone. So judge less, love and forgive more.To call him a dog hardly seems to do him justice though in as much as he had four legs, a tail, and barked, I admit he was, to all outward appearances. But to those who knew him well, he was a perfect gentleman (Hermione Gingold)
**Live simply **Love generously **Care deeply **Speak kindly.*** Genuinely rich *** Faithful talent *** Sharing success