Re: Add Missing From?

From: Christopher Kings-Lynne <chriskl(at)familyhealth(dot)com(dot)au>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Robert Treat <xzilla(at)users(dot)sourceforge(dot)net>, Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Add Missing From?
Date: 2004-08-09 04:57:53
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> Didn't get any Oracle hits in a quick google, but I did find out that
> MySQL spells it USING:

You guys can go to otn.oracle.com and register for free to get access to
all the documentation they've ever written. I've got an account there.
I do get the odd oracle magazine sent to me though...

This is the DELETE syntax:

http://download-west.oracle.com/docs/cd/B14117_01/server.101/b10759/statements_8005.htm#sthref6065

This is the text version:

DELETE [ hint ]
[ FROM ]
{ dml_table_expression_clause
| ONLY (dml_table_expression_clause)
}
[ t_alias ]
[ where_clause ]
[ returning_clause ] ;

Where dml_table_expression_clause is:

{ [ schema. ]
{ table
[ { PARTITION (partition)
}
]
}
| ( subquery [ subquery_restriction_clause ] )
| table_collection_expression
}

I can paste more but the way it works is that I can only view each
sub-part of the gammar separately so it's a pain in the butt to copy.

Chris