Re: Ready for Beta ... ?

From: Andreas Pflug <pgadmin(at)pse-consulting(dot)de>
To: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Ready for Beta ... ?
Date: 2004-08-08 18:16:27
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Bruce Momjian wrote:

>>How about 8.0Beta2? I consider this as a bug, after all postings for
>>logfiles did support it.
>

> Adding a function will require a system catalog change.

Not necessarily. pg_logdir_ls is not included either, so pgadmin already
needs an additional module to handle the logfiles. Handling
pg_logfile_rotate the same isn't a problem. But if the logger is
autistic and unable to handle a signal, no chance.

If you say "we won't change the system catalog just for these two
functions", I can live with that, hoping they slip in following
something's wake.

Regards,
Andreas