[Pljava-dev] Re: Problem in deploying PL/Java

From: thhal at mailblocks(dot)com (Thomas Hallgren)
Subject: [Pljava-dev] Re: Problem in deploying PL/Java
Date: 2004-08-07 16:23:36
Lists: pljava-dev

Vinita,

> I am getting the following error message when i am trying to deploy pl/java
>
> java -classpath
> deploy.jar:/usr/local/pgsql/share/java/pg74.214.jdbc3.jar
> org.postgresql.pljava.deploy.Deployer -install -database Orakill -user
> vbansal
> org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: ERROR: could not load library
> "/usr/local/PLJava/libpljava.so": libjvm.so: cannot open shared object
> file: No such file or directory

The libjvm.so is a shared library that is a part of your java
installation. PL/Java needs to find this through your LD_LIBRARY_PATH.
You'll find more info under the heading "Postmaster configuration" in
the readme file:
http://gborg.postgresql.org/project/pljava/genpage.php?readme

Sorry for the late reply, I'm just back from vacation.

Kind regards,

Thomas Hallgren