Re: Timezone for %t log_line_prefix

From: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Timezone for %t log_line_prefix
Date: 2004-08-05 12:47:51
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Greg Stark wrote:

>Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us> writes:
>

>>However, this is probably a bit more work than is reasonable to
>>undertake right now, when we're already overdue for beta. For the
>>moment I'm really thinking that we ought to just #ifdef out the %Z
>>on Windows, and plan to do something nicer in 8.1.
>>

>Could it just print numeric time zones on windows?

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/vclib/html/_crt_strftime.2c_.wcsftime.asp

says this about strftime:

Either the time-zone name or time zone abbreviation, depending on
registry settings; no characters if time zone is unknown

So I don't think we can.

One thought I did have was that we could force UTC on Windows as a quick
fix.

cheers

andrew