Re: PGSQL 10.9 vs PGSQL 9.6 SQL query behaviour.

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: "Ghiurea, Isabella" <Isabella(dot)Ghiurea(at)nrc-cnrc(dot)gc(dot)ca>
Cc: "pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: PGSQL 10.9 vs PGSQL 9.6 SQL query behaviour.
Date: 2019-10-21 19:18:13
Lists: pgsql-admin

"Ghiurea, Isabella" <Isabella(dot)Ghiurea(at)nrc-cnrc(dot)gc(dot)ca> writes:
> we are facing some performance issues with same SQL running in different version ( PG SQL 10.9 vs
> 9.5.16)returning different results when using GIST spatial index see bellow ,

Getting the wrong answer isn't a "performance issue" :-(

You might find that reindexing the index makes the problem go away.
Otherwise, I'd suggest inquiring in the PostGIS mailing list whether
there's any known bugs in their code for 10.x. I don't see anything
in our commit logs suggesting that there's a known problem with the
core GIST code, but maybe there's something wrong with the PostGIS
operator class the index is using.