Re: Pgadmin 4 schema visibility

From: Adrian Klaver <adrian(dot)klaver(at)aklaver(dot)com>
To: Jill Jade <jill779ks(at)gmail(dot)com>, pgsql-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Pgadmin 4 schema visibility
Date: 2019-11-25 14:46:40
Lists: pgsql-general

On 11/24/19 11:55 PM, Jill Jade wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> I am using Postgres 11 with Pgadmin4. System schemas pg_temp and
> pg_toast are not visible when I do \dn+ in psql.
>
> But when I do SELECT nspname FROM pg_catalog.pg_namespace;, I see the
> schemas.
> namespace.jpg
> dn.PNG
> pgadmin4.PNG
> Can anyone explain why is this so? Does anyone have a solution for this?

\dnS+:

https://www.postgresql.org/docs/11/app-psql.html

\dn[S+] [ pattern ]

Lists schemas (namespaces). If pattern is specified, only schemas
whose names match the pattern are listed. By default, only user-created
objects are shown; supply a pattern or the S modifier to include system
objects. If + is appended to the command name, each object is listed
with its associated permissions and description, if any.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian(dot)klaver(at)aklaver(dot)com