no dup rows

From: Jodi Kanter <jkanter(at)virginia(dot)edu>
To: Postgres Admin List <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: no dup rows
Date: 2004-08-02 18:32:54
Lists: pgsql-admin

I have a linking table that has only two fields in it and both are
foreign keys to other tables. I'd like to ensure that there are never
any duplicate rows in this table. I was planning on creating a
multi-column unique index to satisfy this requirement. Is there a more
appropriate way to accomplish this or am I on the right track?>
thanks.
Jodi
--

Jodi L Kanter