#postgresql report

From: Christopher Kings-Lynne <chriskl(at)familyhealth(dot)com(dot)au>
To: Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: #postgresql report
Date: 2004-06-15 06:25:06
Lists: pgsql-hackers

In line with my idea of keeping the hackers up to date with stuff in the
IRC channel, here are the topics of the week:

* We have a request for granting on all tables every other day (already
in TODO)

* We have a request for how to change database encoding every other day
(i suggest a warning in initdb if no encoding is specified - EVERY pgsql
newbie fails to set it)

* People are always wanting to change column types - but that's now in CVS

Hmmm, can't think of anything else at the moment :)

Chris