Re: PostgreSQL pre-fork speedup

From: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>
To: PostgreSQL Development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: PostgreSQL pre-fork speedup
Date: 2004-05-06 00:20:11
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Rod Taylor wrote:

>As a temporary step these types of things help. But it's still doesn't
>really fix the problem of Apache not using real connection pooling.

Rod,

In principle, this should not be enormously hard to do - at least for
Unix where the methods of handing off file handles between processes are
fairly well known ( I have no idea if this is even possible on Windows).

Maybe you'd like to start a pgFoundry project to do it? It would be a
great feather in the postgresql cap, and I think it's well worth doing.

cheers

andrew