PG's table inheritance and object table in Oracle

From: David Garamond <lists(at)zara(dot)6(dot)isreserved(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: PG's table inheritance and object table in Oracle
Date: 2004-03-24 21:05:58
Lists: pgsql-general

Is there anyone using object table in Oracle? How does it differ from
table inheritance in PG (aside from the declaration syntax).

I actually just found out about table inheritance today, and absolutely
love it! However, it's a shame if this feature is totally unportable.
Are there any other popular RDBMS carrying the same kind of feature?
(I've checked Oracle 9i, Mimer 9.2, FB 1.5, SQLServer 2k, DB2 8.1...)

--
dave