Re: does this look more like a possible bug or more like

From: Jan Wieck <JanWieck(at)Yahoo(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Frank van Vugt <ftm(dot)van(dot)vugt(at)foxi(dot)nl>, pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: does this look more like a possible bug or more like
Date: 2004-03-20 03:13:47
Lists: pgsql-general

Tom Lane wrote:
> Frank van Vugt <ftm(dot)van(dot)vugt(at)foxi(dot)nl> writes:
>> At one point, I arrived at the following situation:
>
>> psql:/home/data/megadump.sql:5169: WARNING: specified item offset is too
>> large
>> psql:/home/data/megadump.sql:5169: PANIC: failed to add item to the page for
>> "pg_attribute_relid_attnum_index"
>
> Looks like a bug to me. Can you create a reproducible test case?

I have seen one occurence of that during a Slony test run on the log
table. I think it can be reproduced (not reliable though) with a high
frequency of insert, select and delete of growing keys with a very high
frequency of vacuums at the same time.

Concurrency seems to be an issue here.

Jan

# Let's break this rule - forgive me. #