Re: pg_trgm vs. Solr ngram

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Chris <rc(at)networkz(dot)ch>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: pg_trgm vs. Solr ngram
Date: 2023-02-10 05:13:46
Lists: pgsql-general

Chris <rc(at)networkz(dot)ch> writes:
> Or maybe hacking my own pg_trgm wouldn't be so hard and could be fun, do
> I pretty much just need to change the emitted tokens or will this lead
> to significant complications in the operators, indexes etc.?

See KEEPONLYALNUM in pg_trgm/trgm.h ...

Now, using a custom-modified pg_trgm module in production is likely
not something you want to do for long. It might be interesting to
look into whether the relatively-recently-invented "operator class
parameter" mechanism could be exploited to allow this behavior to be
customized without hacking C code.